Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update

Both of my boys are feeling much better!! We got the house that we've been trying to buy!!! Well, it's not totally official yet but as long as we don't back out, I think it's a done deal. It is very exciting, but we still need to sell our house....so we will be really excited once we've done that. If you know anyone that might like to buy my cute house, please tell them to call me!

And now I need some decorating ideas/help for my new house! As you will see, it needs some help. I have never been much of a decorator...mainly because I have a hard time making decisions. So this is where all of you get to help me. I'm sure I will post a lot more about this as we start making decisions...but any initial ideas you have would be great. I am open to all suggestions.

Here are the pictures - some I took and some are from the website when it was listed:

utica1
The Front - How do you feel about the semi-circle window blinds? I sort of want to take these down, but I'm afraid that might look weird.

IMG_4703 web
The Kitchen - I know I want to paint the cabinets white eventually and redo the backsplash and countertops. We've also talked about doing some serious remodeling to open it up to the living room....so we may have to wait awhile on this. I am also thinking I want to paint the walls a light lime green.

utica3

IMG_4706 web
The Living Room - The dark wood floors and dark paint make this room seem so DARK to me. I want to paint it something much lighter...ideas?

IMG_4699 web
Dining Room

IMG_4723e web
Second Living Room - We will definitely be painting and changing the carpet eventually.

IMG_4708 web
Master Bedroom

IMG_4710 web
Master Bathroom - Wallpaper has to go.

IMG_4701 web
The Office

IMG_4712web
Will's Room - Red Raider fan? We will paint this.

IMG_4713 web
Extra Bedroom - We probably won't do much with this since it will eventually be the next baby's room.

IMG_4704 web
Laundry Room - Does anyone know if the brown paper bags will come off?

IMG_4725e web
Back - I love the outdoor living area! Can I call it that?

13 comments:

Monica Curry said...

beautiful house!!! i love it! i am not much of a decorator either. i like the dark wood in the kitchen, but that is just my taste. i think will's room is a priority, as cool as it is, he might wake up in the middle of hte night scared to death of the "man with guns" on the walls! Congrats, it is beautiful!!

Denae said...

I don't mind the dark wood cabinets so much...or really even the dark paint, but I just feel like all of the dark stuff together makes the whole house seem dark...especially in the rooms that don't have good window light. I feel like it is my mission to brighten the place up.

Kristi said...

We definately think you should leave the sun dial shutters on the tops of the windows. Jeremy says those are real expensive and they make your dining room beautiful! Lots of light comes in through those windows too. JMO. It wont look weird though if you decide to remove them. we have shutters w/o the sun dials but we would rather have them.
I think it is beautiful!

mandal said...

Love it, Denae! How exciting for y'all! I will see you Tuesday! Can't wait:)

Jamie said...

Congrats!! :) I LOVE IT! I would leave the sun-dial shutters. Like Kristi said, they are expensive and after a while you won't notice them... if they were not there, you would notice a lot of sun and extra heat! :) (Experience is speaking here... Abi's room!) I am so excited for you guys! When do you move in?

Denae said...

Okay, we'll leave the shutters...thanks for the advice! We close on February 21st, but we will most likely get a few things fixed before we move in....I'm sure we'll be in by the end of February or first of March.

Anonymous said...

Denae ... it's beautiful! You guys are going to enjoy having so much room, I'm so excited for you! I'm with you on those semi-circle blinds, we have them in our house and I'm not much on the way they look but I'm also not much on the hot Texas sun beating down into my house either :) It's kind of a catch 22 I guess.

AMBER C said...

I love it, Denae! It's so beautiful. I am very excited for you guys.

mark and elizabeth said...

oh my goodness Denae!!! Its so perfect!! i cant wait to see it in person! I love it!!

kristen lewis said...

Cute cute cute! I love the outdoor living area! I am so happy for you.

Kenley King said...

I love it!! Yay! We are trying to sale our house too! It's been on the market since July...We took the price down a little and have someone in it looking every single day. Fingers crossed. You should keep in mind my mother is the most amazing decorator ever! She has turned my house into the most beautiful thing! She does faux painting and anything you want!! Keep that in mind, she would love to help you and hang out with Will....

Rachel Roberson said...

I love the house! What is the address? I wonder if we will be living by each other again?

*joni* said...

oh wow! i love it and can't wait to see it!