Monday, August 18, 2008

Grapes, Pizza, and Milk

That's what Will just had for lunch. A whole slice of a large Papa John's pepperoni pizza. Okay, maybe I ate the crust...but he ate the rest. Even worse, we ordered it almost a week ago. And to think a few months ago I thought a grilled cheese was bad and now it's a staple around here. I can totally see how kids get into bad eating habits now.


** Picture courtesy of Google Images. Ours, unfortunately, did not look this good today. Something about the microwave just doesn't do it justice.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

MMM...sounds yummy! :)

The Henry's said...

Looks yummy too! And Denae, your a good mom reguardless.. your a busy woman! :)

Leslie said...

First of all, I opened your blog without saying anything and Ava said "Wee-ill!" She recognized his picture. She said "I go see Wee-ill!"

Second of all, pizza is for sure a staple for us. Just think about it this way, he had some dairy(cheese), veggies (tomato sauce), protein (pepperoni), and grains (the crust). See doesn't that make you feel better? You're a great mom!

Jamie said...

I'll admit... Abi had a slice of pizza for lunch too. :) Yes, it's a VERY common meal around our house. "Abi, do you want noodles, pizza, a burrito or chicken for lunch?" is usually how the conversation starts.... Pizza is a "well-rounded" meal, I'll agree with Leslie!

amazz said...

I know what you mean. My kids eat things I never thought I would allow. But when I think about all the other stuff I have to worry about, pizza doesn't sound so bad. ;)