Monday, January 7, 2008

Update

I have not done a Will update in a long time, so I thought I should get going on that before he turns 6 months old next week! Can you believe that?

These are his 4 month pictures...








I think he must have been tired during his 4 month photo shoot, because I really couldn't get any smiles out of him. I still think the pictures turned out pretty good though.

Here are the 5 month pictures....











And here are some pictures I took of him last week while he was playing....




In this last picture, you can see his looong eyelashes. I cannot tell you how many people (most often strangers that we see when we're out) have said, "Boys always get the eyelashes." It is the one thing that everyone seems to comment on.

I can't even remember the last time I did an update, so I'm not really sure where to start....

- Sometime between 3 and 4 months, Will started rolling over both ways. Just after 4 months, he started rolling over in his swaddle at night, which would make him mad and he'd wake up. We stopped swaddling and now he sleeps on his tummy all the time. He's been sleeping really good for about the last month now. He usually sleeps 9-10 hours without waking up, but if he does wake up, I just give him his pacifier and he goes right back to sleep.

- He started doing the tripod sit just before he turned 4 months and now he is sitting up pretty good. He's getting a lot better at balancing himself. If he has a toy to play with, he can sit up for a long time on his own.

- He wants to crawl really bad, but I think it will take him awhile to figure it out. He has gotten to the point where he'll go backwards a little bit instead of forwards, but I don't think he even realizes he's moving at all.

- He has really strong legs. A lot of people comment on how well he stands up with our help. I never really thought it was anything special, but apparently he is really good at it for his age (he's been doing it for a few months).

- I had to start brushing his hair a couple of weeks ago. It has finally gotten long enough that it just sticks up straight off of his head if we don't brush it down. I think he looks pretty cute with his hair all combed.

- He doesn't have any teeth yet, but I suspect that he is in the beginning stages of teething. He really likes to bite down on anything he can get in his mouth and he's been drooling more than usual. So we'll see.

- He has a really good laugh! Chris can easily get him laughing when he's playing with him. He usually laughs at me when I sing to him or when I'm telling Chris a story. He thinks we're both pretty funny. However, yesterday he laughed harder than he's ever laughed before. Yes, even harder than this. Chris bought a Nintendo Wii last weekend and we bought Dance Dance Revolution for it yesterday. As soon as we got it set up, I tried it out and Will thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. He just laughed and laughed and laughed. Then Chris got up to do it and he didn't think it was funny at all. And let me just tell you, I am horrible at it...so yes, it was a little humiliating that my almost-6-month-old son would laugh at me like that! :) Chris and I will never forget that! It was hilarious.

- This is my favorite - he started reaching for me last week! I think it is the sweetest thing, but I think it also means that he is starting to get a little attached to me. There have been a couple of times over the past couple of weeks that he has only wanted me to hold him. It's usually only when he's tired, but it is definitely something I'll have to get used to. He normally lets anyone and everyone hold him.

I can't believe how fast my baby is growing up!

3 comments:

Mere said...

What a beautiful little boy!!!

Melody said...

LOVE the sweater vest! So cute!!

Ashley said...

Can't believe he is almost 6 months! WOW! Time flies!