Thursday, September 27, 2007

Does this make me crazy?

I keep thinking that I'm seeing something run across the floor out of the corner of my eye. It's happened several times in the last week or so. And its always in the same place. I'm sitting on the couch watching tv and it runs across the floor under the table in the dining room. The first few times I blew it off, but then I really thought I saw something. So I had Chris set up two mouse traps. It took him a good 15 minutes. I sort of felt bad, but I knew he would be glad when we trapped that thing. It's been a couple of days now and yup, you guessed it - nothing. And the cheese is still there. Chris is shocked as I'm sure you can imagine. Honestly, I've thought all along that it might be my new bangs that I'm not quite used to (shhh...don't tell Chris). Hey, you've got to act desperate if you think there is any chance a mouse could be running around your house. It could get me or Will while Chris is at work.

Last winter, I had Chris set up a few mouse traps. I hadn't been seeing anything out of the corner of my eye (no bangs), but just wanted to take some precautionary measures. A few days later we had the house sprayed. We set aside money in our budget to do this every 3 months whether we have bugs or not. It saves both Chris and I a lot of heartache. I don't have to worry about bugs and Chris doesn't have to worry about me screaming at the top of my lungs. So Mr. Pest Control shows up and here is how that went:

Mr. Pest Control: "What kind of problems have you been having?"
Me: "Oh, nothing."

He then makes his way through the kitchen and evidently sees the mouse trap behind the refrigerator.

Mr. Pest Control: "You been having a problem with mice?"
Me: "No."

I was tempted to say, "I'm just a paranoid freak, okay?" But I didn't really feel the need for justification. You just gotta do what you gotta do to protect yourself from these things. By the way, we have never actually spotted a mouse or caught one in the 2.5 years we have lived here...but you just never know when they could show up.

Does this make me crazy? You can say yes. But let's blame it on my mom. It's got to be a genetic disorder.

What makes you crazy? I think this is a game on Kidd Kraddick, but I haven't listened to it in so long....I could just be making that up.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

No, you're not crazy. I did the same thing when Ava was born. Just the thought of something running around on the floor with my baby down there, totally creeped me out! I had so much fun today! Looking forward to more play dates and more time with you and Will!

Chris Hutson said...

WHAT A RIP OFF! I can't believe I had to set those things up because you were afraid of your own hair! I need to come up with some crazy phobia to even things out...

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T BELEIVE THAT YOU WOULD BLAME THAT MOUSE PHOBIA ON ME!!! LOL! THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS THAT I THINK AND DO THAT ARE CRAZY BUT I THINK IT MAKES ME MORE FUN AND INTERESTING! I LOVE YOU, MY CRAZY DAUGHTER!