Tuesday, July 31, 2007

First Two Weeks

Wow! These first two weeks have been crazy. Will has already changed so much. Unfortunately, he's still pretty small and can't wear all of the cute clothes we have for him which is a huge disappointment for me! He has five 5-8 lb. onesies that he wears everyday. We bought them in a pack from Target a couple of days after we came home when we realized that he can't wear anything we have for him. I don't want to buy anymore preemie clothes because I feel like he will be out of them soon enough, but at the same time I'm getting tired of seeing the same five onesies! When will he ever be able to wear his 0-3 month clothes??

So much has already happened in these last two weeks that I don't even know where to start. I guess the biggest challenge has been getting Will to eat good. At his first weigh-in after we left the hospital, we found out that he had lost a pound from his birth weight. No one was alarmed since it is normal to lose weight in those first few days, but it seemed that a pound was a little more than expected since he was fairly small to begin with. So we worked with the lactation consultant at the hospital (who is wonderful) and she really helped us. He gained half a pound in 24 hours! We were really excited about that. And as of Monday, he is up to 7 pounds - a few ounces more than his birth weight. So that is all good news, but I'm still a little paranoid sometimes about him getting enough to eat. Which leads me to the next thing...

He only wakes up ONCE during the night! How awesome is that? It has been this way for 5 nights in a row now. I know it could change...but we are loving it for now. Well, except for the fact that I'm worried that he should be waking up to eat more often. He will sleep a 4-5 hour stretch at night without eating (obviously). Everyone I've asked has said this is fine, so I'm just trying to enjoy it. Oh, and did I mention that he is also already sleeping in his crib?? Before these last 5 nights, we had two really bad nights and on the second night, we ended up putting him in his crib to sleep. So we've already kicked him out of our room! I can't believe it...but he seems to like the crib so much better anyway. And we have the Angelcare monitor that I talked about in another blog that keeps us from worrying about him. An alarm will go off it doesn't sense him breathing....we've only had one false alarm and I think that was only because he had moved off of where the pad is under the mattress.

Here are some pictures of the fun we've been having over the last couple of weeks....isn't he adorable???

Will's first visit to Daddy's office on his first day back to work. We missed him!

Family Photo

He's so tiny.

First nap in his big boy crib!

Hanging out with Meredith.

First (sponge) bath - he loves baths!

Thanks for looking!


Anonymous said...


Anonymous said...

I just love how his hair is the exact same color as your's!! And I agree with Connie, he does have GREAT parents!!

whitney sue said...

what precious, sweet pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

aww, yea, so adorable!!! i miss that tiny-ness! so sweet.

April Carrasco said...

I hear ya with the clothes, we had to run to Wal-Mart today and get some more preemies. Enjoy your sleep, that is great!

Ashley said...

Sweet times. Enjoy these special days. Easier days come and go and they are so sweet and bring their own challenges and joys. Will is precious. I can't wait to meet in him in person