Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School

Will_0585ebw web

Will_0589ebw web

Will_0592ecbw web

Will_0600ebw web

Today was Will's first day back to "school"...he only had two weeks off, but it felt like an entire summer! :) We have had a fun time together and I am happy to say that he has not had many behavioral issues, but I really feel like he enjoys having other people to play with besides me when he goes to school...he gets pretty bored with just me. He is always excited when daddy gets home from work, but he has been especially excited for the last couple of weeks. I feel like he is thinking finally someone else to play with me! Actually, our neighbor (6-year-old boy) has come over to play with him several times...so that has also been fun for him.

Anyway, he was really excited to wear his big boy backpack and see his teachers and friends today! However, I was afraid he was going to fall apart when I dropped him off because he has been very attached to me lately. But he walked right into his class like a big boy! It helps that both of his teachers really love him....that is such a blessing!

As much as I like having the time to myself to work or run errands while he has at school, I can't imagine it being 5 days a week! I guess God has a few more years to prepare me for that. Chris was just saying last night what a special time this is for Will and me and that is so true. Dear God, please help me to focus on enjoying and making the most of our time together before it's gone!

2 comments:

mandal said...

Cute!! It's crazy how fast the time goes by. Today it hit me that Averi is really a kindergartner. Enjoy your time with Will!! Love the pic of him getting in the car.

sara [at] journey of doing said...

What a cutie, Denae. He's such a wonderful blend of you and Chris. Seems crazy that he's old enough to be in school though... :)