Thursday, July 17, 2008

Letters To Our Birthday Boy

IMG_0151e

Dear Will,

I love being your daddy! You are an incredible blessing from God in my life. I pray God will give you everything you could ask for in life. You are a terrific son and I can't wait to spend many more birthdays celebrating with you. I will always love you, forever and ever. You are my buddy for life. I love you! Happy first birthday!

Dad

----------

Dear Will,

I cannot beleive you are already a year old. I vividly remember the first time I saw you one year ago today. It was the best feeling to meet my baby boy that I already loved so much. I felt so lucky to have you in my life and extremely blessed. Little did I know that it would only get better!

I have loved every moment I have had with you - even the hard times like getting up several times a night to feed you and changing dirty diapers. All in all, you have been the best baby. It has been very easy and so much fun to spend all of my days this last year with you. God has truly blessed me.

I pray everyday that God will show your daddy and me how to be the best parents we can be and that you will grow up to be the man God wants you to be. He has great plans for you and I can't wait to see what all that is!

I love you so much. I will never forget this last year.

Love,
Mommy

----------

Yup, it's been a year. I can't believe it. He doesn't seem like a one-year-old in a lot of ways, but I can see a little bit of the transformation. He is definitely starting to think he is a big boy.

Here are some updates:

- I took him to the doctor today for his one year checkup. He is 19 pounds, 13 ounces (10th percentile) and 27 3/4 inches (5th percentile). Little guy.
- He is walking...he's not great at it yet, but he can walk across the room if he wants to.
- He has let me put him to bed wide awake without being rocked for the last week. He usually fusses for just a few seconds, but that's it. One night, he didn't make a peep...he just went right to sleep.
- He is a picky eater (ughhh). He will eat cheese, yogurt, cheese, turkey, cheese, some fruit if I'm lucky...but no vegetables. Oh, and did I mention cheese? This is really frustrating to Chris and me but we are trying to work through it. The doctor told me today not to give him anymore bottles (just milk out of a sippy cup) and hopefully that will drive his appetite for other stuff.
- As of two days ago, he is completely switched over to whole milk...no more formula! Yay!!
- He loves to point at things and say "that"...well, he may not be saying "that"...but that's all I can make of it.
- He is very friendly as long as he doesn't think you are going to take him away from me. When we are at the mall or grocery story, he will laugh and smile at strangers. It's pretty cute.

IMG_0069ebw web

Last night we took him out to take some pictures of him for his birthday. It was fun but we ran out of light due to a late nap. We are going to try to take some more pictures this weekend. After pictures, we came home and gave him a cupcake. He pretty much responded the same way he did to his birthday cake at his party....not a huge fan, but not the worst thing in the world either. Kind of surprising. I really thought he would love all of that sugar. It was fun day!

To see more pictures of Will from last night go to my photo blog.

4 comments:

mandal said...

He is so stinkin' cute!

Kristin said...

Oh goodness, I just can't believe he's already a year old...my how time flies!! And, by the way, I LOVE his pictures!

Kristi said...

Your little one is getting so big too! I just noticed Logan is about 19lbs too. But we are in the 95th% in height and 70th in weight. Go figure! I would have loved making little Will a tag blanket. They are fun!

Jared E Wright said...

wow. impressive! great photos!!!