Thursday, January 29, 2009

Paint Colors

These are the two main paint colors we are thinking about for our new house...

SherwinWilliams
This one is called Ivoire and it's like a light light gold. I think we would use this for most of the rooms (yes, I know we're boring).

SherwinWilliams2
This one is called Hearts of Palm. I want this for the kitchen for sure and then maybe the dining room.

I'm trying to decide what to do for Will's room. I kind of just want to do the Ivoire and then just decorate it with cute stuff. Blue seems sort of typical for a boys room. But let me know if you have any great ideas....I haven't even looked at new bedding for him or anything (I think we will be moving him out of the crib when we move to the new house).

Also, I am now thinking about wallpaper for the bathrooms. They already have wallpaper and I was originally thinking we would just paint them...but they would need texture too and that gets expensive. I know I've seen some fun wallpaper in magazines...does anyone know of any websites I could look at?

By the way, the paint colors are from Sherwin Williams and you make those cool rooms on their website. Chris and I have had some fun with it (mainly Chris).

5 comments:

mandal said...

I like those colors. If I was buying a new house I would definitely stay neutral too. It's clean and simple. You can always add the color with paintings, accessories, etc.

Kristi said...

I, too, prefer the whole house neutral. If you change your mind about the texture, Jeremy can show you a few different methods. He did our last house and I thought it looked fabulous. We still painted it the same color on top of the texture.(no ragging for me:)
I have also seen some neat looking wall papers. Maybe you should wait till the parade. (6 mo too long?)

CONNIE said...

I love the colors and I will help!

Darci White said...

i like both of those colors - the ivory will keep things bright in there, especially if you have a lot of natural light!

we have a very similar green color in our master bathroom. i know this may sound strange, but i think a pretty grey/blue color would look really pretty on your laundry room cabinets.... bright & fun! i'll have to find a picture of what i'm talking about and send it your way.

as far as your kitchen goes, if your budget allows, i would do the following (this is definitely on the extreme side and would be pretty costly....my hubby says he thinks you could do everything listed below for about $3 - $5k, depending on selections):
- paint cabinets white (cheap)
- install some great stainless hardware (pulls & knobs about $150)
- install subway tile backsplash ($1,000 - $1,500)
-install granite ($2,500ish)

the new house is gorgeous and looks like you have a lot more space! i love the wood floors and shutters in the living room. congrats to you guys!

sorry for the novel and simply disregard me if that was too much input!!!! :)

Ingram Gang said...

I really like both colors. I'm all about things looking clean and allowing the light to reflect well. Both of these do that beautifully.

For wallpaper, check out www.americanblindsandwallpaper.com
We papered our bathroom with some amazing wall paper that we got there. The only problem is that it can get really costly. We have a small bathroom and with the pattern on the paper, it took 3 double rolls. We would have saved money texturing and painting, but I sure do love it. They have so much paper and at great prices.

Also, can I offer a suggestion? I don't know how old Will is, but we moved when my son was 8 months and then again when he was 14 months. The move was harder on Noah that I expected. He is super fluid with change and such, so I didn't expect problems. The second time, we had learned a few pointers from the first time. We kept him in his same bed and put it against the same wall. Later, we moved it to a different wall (the one where I wanted to put it in the first place) and then to a big bed. Something about positioning the crib in the same location as the old room helped. It may be wierd and you may not have any problems, but just thought I would throw that out just in case.

Happy moving! That is sooo exciting!