Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Not a baby anymore!

A few nights before Will's birthday, Chris decided not to give him his pacifier when he went to bed and he went right to sleep and never asked for it again. We only gave it to him for naps and at night, but I did not think he would give it up so easily. I am so grateful that it was so easy to take away...but it did make me sad knowing that his babyhood is quickly fading away.

Then he slept in his big boy bed for the first time the night before his birthday. Again, it didn't seem to bother him one bit. At first, he didn't even try to get out of the bed...when he woke up, he would just sit in his bed and cry for us to come get him. But now he usually gets out and cries at the door until we come get him when he wakes up. When will he learn that he doesn't have to cry for us to come get him? Or maybe he does have to cry for us to come get him? Anyway, he sleeps great and hasn't woken up during the night at all. He did fall asleep at the door for one of his naps last week when he didn't want to take a nap. I actually got a video of his fingers sticking out underneath the door...he slept like that for at least an hour...so funny!

And finally, he peed and pooped in the potty about a week ago! I haven't been seriously potty training him, but I do ask him a few times a day if he wants to sit on the potty just to start getting him thinking about it. He usually says yes, but he doesn't go...he just likes to play with the toilet paper (I have the training potty on top of the normal toilet). Anyway, I finally had the brilliant idea to take the toilet paper off of the roll and put it on the shelf behind him. I told him he couldn't have toilet paper until he pooped in the potty...to which he replied, "Bye bye, Mommy!" So I went around the corner and a few seconds later he did it! I was so proud of him. He did pee in the potty a couple of other times and then one night he peed on the floor right after he sat on the potty! I screamed (as if I had seen a mouse) because it honestly caught me off guard...which scared him out of going potty ever again! Actually, he did show interest in sitting on the potty again today...so maybe he will try again in a few days.

And because I didn't have any pictures with this post, I will leave y'all with a silly video of Will. This was last weekend when we got stuck in traffic driving into Dallas. We had been in the car about 6 hours at this point with only a break to change his diaper. We are so lucky that he is such a good traveller...especially with all of the trips we've been taking in the last few months!



Oh, and I guess I will go ahead and put the video of his fingers sticking out underneath the door while I'm at it...



This reminds me that I have been meaning to get a video of Will's favorite new phrase - "awwwwww man!" It is hilarious when he says it and hopefully I will be able to prove it with another video soon!

2 comments:

amazz said...

Love that last video! So funny!! Kami used to fall asleep in the weirdest spots and positions. One time she dumped all her stuffed animals into her closet and fell asleep in the middle of them. Too funny!!

CONNIE said...

How do I order the pics? They are fantastic!