Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Trip to Denver

A week and a half after Chris and I got back from Mexico, we loaded up the car and headed to Denver, Colorado to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins! We had a really fun time and Will did awesome in the car both ways. We bought a DVD player for our car the night before we left and that helped a lot. He didn't seem to be bothered by the 9 hour drive at all.

IMG_0233
This was our lunch break at Dairy Queen in Dalhart on the way to Colorado. Slowest Dairy Queen ever!! Don't stop there if you are in a hurry.

The first day we were there we went to the Denver Zoo. Will seemed to enjoy seeing all of the animals, but I think he liked running around like a big kid with my cousins the most.

Will_5132e
Some of our crew at the zoo.

Will_5124e
We saw a wildlife show with real animals and birds flying over our heads....Will was impressed!

Will_5159e

Will_5161e
These guys were probably my favorite of the day...they were swinging around playing a crazy game of tag.

Will_5158e
And this one just sat below them exactly like this the entire time we watched.

Will_5166ec
Chris and Micaela...they were best buddies this time. Last time we went to Denver, Micaela was only 1, but Amanda was 5 and she loved Chris...remember this hilarious video? Amanda was more interested in Will this trip.

Will_5172ec

Will_5197ec
Grandma and Grandpa with Jessica and Amanda.

We spent July 4th at Kathy and Brian's house. They (along with their neighbors) put on a great fireworks show. It was the first time that I can remember being cold watching fireworks. It was pretty cool for the summer the entire time we were there (low to mid 80s), but I think it got down in the 50s at night. It was nice for a change.

IMG_0241
This is the second time Will got to see his great great grandfather, Will's Pop's Pop.

IMG_0243
Pop with Pop (my dad with his grandfather).

On Sunday, we took Will to a place called Tiny Town. It was basically a park with miniature houses and such in the middle of the giant mountains. It also had a little railroad around the park with a miniature train that we road. Will LOVED riding the train....he was so excited to get on that he could barely stand it.

Will_5230e
A very small portion of Tiny Town.

Will_5212e

Will_5214e

Will_5242e

Will_5253ec

Will_5265e
Waiting for the train to start moving.

Monday was our last day in Colorado. We wanted to go to the Mint, but unfortunately the tours were full, so we went to the firefighter's museum instead and then we walked around the 16th Street Mall and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. That night, we went to a Rockies baseball game with the entire family. I don't think I watched any of the baseball game but still managed to have a lot of fun!

IMG_0286
Chris and Will outside of the firefighter's museum in downtown Denver.

IMG_0296
Will sitting on my grandpa's lap at the Rockies game...with my cousins surrounding him.

IMG_0325
My family with all my cousins on my dad's side (minus Jeff, Lance, and Jackie).

IMG_0370

On the way home, we stopped in Amarillo to visit our old neighbors, Mark and Elizabeth. They moved to Amarillo a couple of months after we moved out of our old house and we miss them a ton! It was so good to see them!

3 comments:

amazz said...

I'm so glad Will is a good traveler!! It will make your life much, much easier. And Tiny Town looks like it was so much fun! My kids would have loved that!

CONNIE said...

Wow! I need to write a vacation blog! It sure was a lot of fun!

Darci White said...

Tiny Town looks like so much fun (for a little one) and I LOVE Denver!