Thursday, February 19, 2009

Homeless

Well, the truth is we are not homeless. In fact, we owned two houses for about a week. But I sure am starting to feel homeless since we aren't actually living in the new house yet. Hopefully the painter will be done soon and we can live in our house! If it were just Chris and me, we'd be living there...but it's really not kid friendly right now with paper taped to the floor, plastic covering all of our furniture, and all of the electrical outlets exposed. :) We do feel lucky to have family to stay with during this time. A lot of people wouldn't have that luxury...and it is quite cozy staying with my parents.

I did freak out a little bit about the paint color I chose for the whole house! If you remember, I had chosen Ivoire...but it turned out looking really light on the walls and almost the same color as the trim - not good. So I decided to go a shade darker to Blonde - it looks yellow in the rooms that have been painted so far. I never thought I would want yellow, especially after we repainted over yellow in our last house. We repainted the entire house, even the ceilings were painted yellow and we repainted the ceilings! However, I really do like it...it just goes with the look of the house, I think.



This is the Sherwin Williams simulation of the Blonde. The main living areas haven't been painted yet, so I am really just hoping that I love it when it goes up. I am also hoping that I love the green for the kitchen!

We are getting really excited about living in our new house....I think we will really appreciate it after not having our own house to live in for a couple of weeks. It is slowly starting to look like a house now that some of the rooms are finished and we're getting things set up the way they are supposed to be. I am on the hunt for a couch for our gameroom, bar stools, rugs, and a breakfast table. Brandi suggested a round breakfast table and I think that sounds like a pretty good idea....so let me know if you see a really good deal on any of these items!

Since we were working on the house over the weekend, we didn't do anything for Valentine's Day. So last night we went out to Pei Wei and to see He's Just Not That Into You. The main storyline was cute, but a lot of the other stuff in the movie literally made me cringe and left a bad impression overall. Gosh, I seriously hope most people don't view relationships the way the movie portrays...it's just...well, depressing and sad. Has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?

Oh, and have I mentioned how awesome all of our friends and family are for helping us move?? Everyone showed up to our old house at 2 on Sunday and I think everyone was gone by 5....it was a seriously fast move. I think we had 5 trucks and a trailer....none of which we own....and many more people. We are so blessed!!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I can't wait to see the new house! I'm sure the blonde will look fabulous. I saw the movie and felt the same way! I think my expectations of it were so high and I was seriously disappointed.

Kenley King said...

we start the moving process next weekend...i am not looking forward to it...post pictures of the new house all "remodeled" when you can!

Jamie said...

Blonde! :) My mom LOVES her BLONDE house! haha! I can't wait to see it... Let me know if you need any help!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you about the movie! It had it's cute/funny parts but I left with the same bad taste in my mouth. I'm so excited for you guys, it's really cool how fast you sold your house especially with everything we hear about the housing economy. I can't wait to see pictures once you guys are all moved in!

kristen lewis said...

You know what is so crazy is that we refinanced our house and finally closed today. When we had to sign the book at the end, we signed five lines down from you. Our paths just keep crossing. Strange, no?