Monday, December 24, 2007

Santa Claus is coming....

Will didn't tell me what he asked Santa for, but I hope it wasn't anything too big because he already got more toys for Christmas than what will fit in our house and it's not even Christmas Day yet.


I have always loved Christmas, but it is even more exciting when you have kids (or a kid, in my case). Giving and getting gifts is so much fun and I think it is a great way to celebrate the ultimate gift that was given to us. When I prayed over Will tonight, I prayed that he would grow up knowing that Christmas is a day to celebrate the birth of Jesus and that it wouldn't just be a day to get lots of toys. It sounds simple, but we all know how easy it is to lose focus of the true reason for the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your prayer will be answered. Someone asked Jeremiah if he was excited about what was coming up and he said, " yeh, we get to sing happy birthday to baby Jesus!" No prompting or anything. It really made my heart glad!
Luv ya!